Transfer Admission Guarantee
The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program is a partnership between specific Community Colleges and the University of Illinois at Chicago that offers a guaranteed transfer pathway to several UIC programs. TAG offers certainty to parents and students who want to transfer to UIC rather than attend as first year students.
Benefits of TAG
The UIC Transfer Admission Guarantee program offers guaranteed admission into the University of Illinois at Chicago for students who are currently attending a specific community college with an active TAG agreement and are planning to transfer into a participating UIC baccalaureate degree program. Students who actively participate in the TAG Program will receive counseling and benefits that exceed those of a regular transfer student. Best of all, you can rest assured that once you complete your studies at your community college you will have a place at UIC.
So what does this mean for you?
- Guaranteed admission into a participating UIC bachelor’s degree program as long as all admission and program requirements are met
- Clear path to select degree programs before arriving at UIC
- Dedicated UIC Transfer Assistance staff to assist you and your community college's TAG Advisor with admission and transfer counseling
- Direct transfer assistance support to coordinate proper course selection at the community college level
- Regular communications from the UIC Transfer Assistance Center that will include a monthly newsletter and other important information with regards to your transition to UIC
- Invitations to premier UIC events
Eligibility for TAG
To enter the program, you must be enrolled in a participating community college, complete and submit the TAG Pathways Participation Form and complete the requirements of the TAG program before applying to UIC.
After joining, you will need to stay in contact with the UIC transfer center and maintain a 3.0 or better GPA, while satisfying additional requirements listed in the TAG Pathways Participation Form.
Overview of Requirements
- Apply for TAG participation no later than the first two weeks of your final year at a participating community college
- Earn a minimum transfer GPA of 3.00 overall and in required major preparation courses
- Successfully complete the community college equivalent of required courses listed on the program's section of this website
- Transfer to UIC within three years of signing the TAG Pathways Participation Form
- Meet with your school's TAG advisor and create a Transferology account
- Submit a transfer application to UIC in either February or September depending upon the semester you plan to enter UIC
- Meet with your community college advisor or counselor to verify eligibility
Involvement with TAG
TAG is a partnership between UIC and your community college. The best source of information for your college’s TAG agreement is your community college advisor/counselor. Your advisor/counselor is the expert in helping you prepare for TAG and ultimately your transition to UIC.
3 Simple steps to get involved
Required questions are identified with an asterisk (*).
Contact UIC TAG Staff
If you are in need of further assistance, don’t worry, you can contact UIC TAG staff at by filling out the form on this page or calling 312-996-4350 (press 3 for transfer) between 9am - 4pm (CST/CDT). While you wait for a response be sure to check out the frequently asked questions page for answers to commonly asked question about UIC TAG.